Business litigation covers a many different areas of law and types of disputes. Our business litigation attorneys have extensive experience representing Kentucky and Indiana small businesses in a wide array of business disputes. This includes an assortment of contractual and tort claims such as breach of contract, fraud, tortuous interference with contract, breach of fiduciary duty, lender liability, employment disputes and others. We have represented business and corporate clients in a wide array of litigation matters in state and federal courts in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Some of the types of Kentucky and Indiana business disputes we regularly handle include:
- Breach of Contract: Our attorneys have handled many cases involving contract disputes between small businesses.
- Lender Liability/Bank Fraud: Partner Ted Walton has handled significant lender liability claims against major local and national banks.
- Uniform Commercial Code Disputes: We regularly handle claims involving goods sold subject to the Uniform Commercial Code. We have successful tried UCC cases and obtained summary judgment in favor of our small business clients in others.
- Unfair Trade Practices and Competition: We handle unfair trade practices cases on behalf of consumers and small business, including anti-trust claims.
- Insurance Claims and Disputes: We regularly assist small business clients with claims and disputes associated with insurance denials and bad faith.
- Non-Competes: The scope, validity, and violation of non-compete clauses (covenants not to compete) are a frequent source of friction and litigation. Our attorneys regularly litigate these disputes on behalf of businesses and individual clients.
- Trade Secrets: We handle trade secrets cases of various sizes and complexity from disputes involving a small business's sales leads to multimillion-dollar idea theft cases.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: We regularly handle cases where a trusted individual or partner breached his or her duties of trust or loyalty to the business or partners.
- Partnership disputes: We handle many types of dispute and litigation between former business partners.